An update for Simplenote is now live in the App Store. If you use Simplenote for iOS, download the update to get several important fixes and a small number of carefully selected new features.
This update makes it easier to use tags and sharing. Check out this post to learn how to tag people and create group tags.
We’ve also added an option to enable a passcode lock to protect all your notes. You’ll find this in the Settings screen. When you enable the lock, people can still use other apps on your device, but they won’t be able to access your notes in Simplenote unless they know your code.
Premium subscribers are also treated to two great new features: Dropbox syncing and lists.
Are you an original, paid Simplenote user or did you buy an ad-free upgrade in the past? An unfortunate bug in this update has re-enabled your ads, but we’ve got you covered. We’re giving you all complimentary premium upgrades until a fix is available. This will let you disable ads in the meantime.
Lastly, here are some fixes that are in this update:
- fixed an intermittent crash when the note list updates
- fixed slowdown when typing in larger notes
- fixed toolbar sometimes disappearing when using versions
- fixed not being able to use spaces in passwords
- word count now reports actual count rather than an estimate
- improved note list preview for notes that have a single paragraph of content
- removed redundancy in note list previews when viewing notes by tag
- fixed occasional display problems with note info
- fixed published notes erroneously disabling the sharing button
Have you tried the Simplenote web app lately? We’ve fixed and improved lots of small things there as well. Thanks for your feedback as we continue to make improvements.