Today we’re announcing some great updates to Simplenote for iOS, OS X and Android. Here’s what’s new:
- An optional dark theme, perfect for late-night note-taking and battery saving. Enable the dark theme by going to Settings.
- Additional privacy for notes: You can now protect notes by requiring your Touch ID whenever you return to the app.
- Bug fixes, including a fix for a common crash when returning to the app and a fix for the history slider on the iPad.
- Adjustable font size in the note editor: Select View->Font Size in the menu to change the sizing or to reset it back to the default size.
- Alphabetical sorting: You can now sort your notes alphabetically. Choose View->Sort Order in the menu.
- Printing from the app has been fixed.
- Bug fixes, including better full screen mode in OS X Yosemite.
- New material design updates: You’ll find a new toolbar at the top and a redesigned navigation drawer. Settings can now be found at the bottom of the drawer.
- Optional dark theme: You can enable it in Settings. It’s Batman approved.
- Font-size setting for the notes list and editor, now available in Settings.
- Voice command: Say ‘Take a note’ in Google Now or Android Wear to create a new note with your voice.
- Bug fixes.
We hope you enjoy the latest updates, and don’t hesitate to contact us @Simplenoteapp with any feedback!
– The Simplenote Team