A critical Simplenote update has been released for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. It contains the following fixes:
- fixed a problem that could result in data loss if you updated but had not yet created an account
- fixed a problem that could result in data loss while working offline
- fixed some problems with tags (although tag syncing is not yet perfect)
- fixed problems with searching in portrait mode (iPad)
- moved the Sign Out button
- only display Sync Now information once
We wanted to push this update as quickly as possible. As a result, it doesn’t contain a large number of fixes. The next update, 3.0.4, is already nearing completion. It will have additional fixes for synchronization, tags, and a fix for Japanese keyboards.
Thanks for your patience as we iron out these issues.
We’d also like to take this opportunity to apologize to those people who had been using Simplenote as an offline-only application. Early this year we decided to make Simplenote an online-focused app. We didn’t realize some people were still enjoying it as an offline-only app, and as a result, the major update did not go as smoothly for these people as it did for others.
If you’re among these offline-only users and you’re unhappy with your experience, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help you.