The latest update to the Simplenote Desktop Apps for Windows, Linux and macOS is a big one! Here’s what’s new:
We’ve heard some amazing stories about writers that use Simplenote to create their content, drafting blog posts and even publishing a book created with the app. To make it even easier to have a distraction-free writing experience in Simplenote, we’ve added Focus Mode to all the Desktop apps. Turn it on, and it hides all the sidebars and makes the editor full-width, so you see nothing but the blank screen and the most basic tools.
Reading full-width notes can be a little tough depending on your screen size, but never fear: you can shorten the line length of your notes for easier note readability. Head to via the View ▸ Note Editor ▸ Line Length, and adjust the length until it’s comfortable.
Windows and Linux Updates
In addition to Focus Mode, the Windows and Linux apps got a spit-shine:
- No mroe typos: they’ve got a spell-checker! (If you don’t care for spellcheck, you can disable it in the “Edit” menu.)
- A new user setting lets you opt out of analytics sharing.
- Exported note files (“File menu ▸ Export Notes”) are dated to reflect the last modified date of the note. (Thanks to @ianmorti for the improvement!)
- Modification dates are now updated when you add or remove tags. (A tip of our collective hats to @hanhmchau for this one.)
- “Font Size” is now called “Zoom,” matching standard app conventions. And it’s easier to find — and therefore, to adjust — in the “View” menu. (Props, @gie3d!)
Visit our homepage to start using Simplenote on iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, Linux, or the web.
Love Simplenote? Wish you didn’t have a bunch of older notes scattered across the other apps you tried before you discovered it? We’re focused on an importer to make it easy to bring notes from other apps to Simplenote — look for it in a future update!
A special thanks to all our open source contributors who help make Simplenote better. If you’d like to help, check out our developer page for links to all of our GitHub projects.
– The Simplenote Team