Venture capitalist and technologist Roald Marth made this short, upbeat video expressing how much he loves Simplenote. Thanks, Roald!
Top 10 Back-To-School iPhone Apps
Silicon Alley Insider lists Simplenote in their Top 10 Back-To-School iPhone Apps. Linked via CNN.
“Simplenote syncs wirelessly to a Web interface, so you can take notes in class and pull them up on your laptop, even if you left your iPhone cable at home.”
Service interruption today at 5pm PST
Syncing with the Simplenote web app will experience an interruption today as a result of a scheduled Google maintenance period of about one hour. Please see our Twitter feed for the latest updates: @simplenoteapp
Simplenote 2.11, a new website, and extras!
We’re happy to announce the release of Simplenote 2.11. Many thanks to all the people who have sent us feature requests, bug reports, and positive feedback over the past few weeks. Version 2.12 will incorporate even more of your ideas
Here’s a final list of changes:
- final icon (many thanks to our friends at tap tap tap for the design!)
- prompt for new password after changing it via the web
- improved the process of logging into a different account
- automatic reopening of last viewed note is now immediate
- search bar now looks and feels more standard
- added a button for adding a new note in the note editor
- fixed sync problem when a note is automatically reopened
- fixed sync problem after swipe deleting a note
- fixed visual glitch when editing a note in portrait mode
- fixed keyboard hiding after rotating the view
- fixed some scrolling problems with the note editor
To celebrate, we’ve re-designed this website! The new site is fast, clean, and simple, just like the app. It’s more device-friendly, too.
Last but not least, we’ve started giving developers access to the Simplenote API to create cool new stuff that will improve your experience. There’s not much available yet, but keep checking back for more here.
Simplenote 2.10 released, 2.11 on the way
Simplenote 2.10 has been available for awhile now, featuring a new “interim” icon, the ability to swipe-delete notes, and an improved note editing toolbar. And 2.11 is coming soon! The changes will include:
- An improved, final icon
- An improved search bar that looks and feels more like other search bars
- A better solution for updating your password after changing it on the web
- Fixed some problems with note scrolling when you tap to edit a note
- Fixed a sync problem after swipe-deleting a note
- Fixed a sync problem when auto-opening your last viewed note
- Fixed a visual glitch when editing a note in portrait mode
Simplenote awarded best in class
The folks over at smokingapple.com have declared Simplenote to be their top choice for notes apps on the iPhone and iPod touch:
“Even without Gruber’s endorsement, Simplenote came away as the best in class. At $1.99, it’s hard to beat if you’re looking for a clean, simple, stable, syncing notes app.”
Review on Daring Fireball
John Gruber from Daring Fireball has written a glowing, in-depth review of Simplenote here.
“I’ve tried a slew of iPhone notes apps, and not only is Simplenote my favorite, it might be my favorite App Store app period. It’s that good.”
Thanks to our new users who have joined us after reading his review! You’re giving us some great feedback that we’ll be incorporating shortly. In the near term we are:
- Changing the icon
- Making ongoing refinements to the web app
- Adding swipe deletion in the note list
- Adding hyperlink support to notes
- Making ongoing aesthetic improvements to the device app
- Considering the best way to add bigger features like sorting options while maintaining Simplenote’s simplicity
Also, Simplenote is now on twitter! Follow us at @simplenoteapp for ongoing updates.